Sunday, October 20, 2013

Barcelona with Brudder

 One night in this fancy airbnb apartment could have afforded me about 3 more days of eating and sleeping in Chefchaouen. But I wasn’t going to be a debby downer. This place was nice. And I was excited to let my brother show me around.

I was already blown away at the architecture and it 10pm. I couldn’t wait to see it in the daylight.

We dropped our bags, freshened up and headed out for the evening. It was a Friday night in El Born and our balcony overlooked the center. We had to get out for some grub and a glass of vino of course.

After some salmon tar tar, a plate of ham, and a small bowl of green olives with our wine, we ventured to another bar and checked out the scene. We ended up calling it a night pretty early. We were exhausted from our long day of travel.

The night day I woke up late only to realize B had already gone to his favorite café. Alsur Café El Born… I put myself together and joined him there. We rented bikes and rode all over town. We had a big brunch at Picnic. (Breakfast was as much as one day in Chefchaouen) I know know… We are in Europe now, but it was hard not to compare everything we paid for to how far it would get us in Chefchaouen.

But for real… It was such a fun day. We were biking up to North Barcelona when it started POURINGGG cats and dogs. We stopped for a Sangria, because in Spain.. That’s what you do. You go somewhere. Then stop for a drink. Then walk/bike a bit. Then stop for a drink. At this rate, I was not going to make it to dinner. By the 3rd stop, I opted for green tea instead of a cocktail.

We were going to let the rain pass before we continued, but after a while we realized… This rain wasn’t letting up. We biked as fast as we could back down to our neighborhood. Laughing the whole way. We were drenched!

We returned the bikes and stayed out in the rain for a bit longer. We weren’t melting.

B realized he was needed back in Cali and his place wasn’t being rented anymore, so we he was going to leave the next day. We went to check out some hostels so I knew where I was going the next day after he left. I decided I needed more time in Barcelona so I would hang out for a while even though he was heading back to the US.

That night we met up with a mutual friend we knew that was living in Barcelona. I was excited to have someone I would know while I spent some time there. We went to have drinks and spent most of the evening hating on our mutual friend (all in good fun, of course) We love you, Piercey. ;)
B and I said our “I love you”s and “adios pinche”s that night and headed to bed knowing he had an early flight to catch and I wouldn’t see him before he left.

It was a great 9 days. I’ll never forget the time we traveled through Morocco and over to Europe together.

No comments:

Post a Comment