Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's a Hard Knock Life for Them

They have all had very rough lives in their short time here on earth. They've been sexually, mentally, and emotionally abused. Many became orphans before the age of 10 causing them live on the streets or  couch surf for weeks/months on end. Some were thrown into prostitution before the age of 15. They have walls up. Even the girls that have been here for 6 years still struggle daily. They have seen so many people come and go that they don't warm up to nearly anyone. And why would they? I am here for 6 months and I am no different than everyone else that has come through. I'm here and I, too, will leave them. I'm 7.5 weeks in and they are JUUUUSST now warming up to me. During 'guest season' in the summer these girls have 100 volunteers a year. They meet 100 new people a year that come for 5-10 days. These girls are ice cold. and who can blame them?

It reminds me of a short 2 minute video I just saw on a friends facebook this morning. 

Click below to watch...


I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit lonely and neglected over here. It's so hard to comprehend how they're feeling. And selfishly I want to be wanted and needed and I feel hurt by them but don't i remember how it feels to be hurt by someone close to me? don't i remember putting a wall up and not letting anyone close for years after that? 

I want the girls to be so thrilled that I am here and I want them to love me, but like in the video above... Maybe they are already sad because even though I am here now... they know whats coming. 

I will leave. 


1 comment:

  1. xoxox

    On the Bevy blog, a friend who works with trafficked and abused girls is sharing on this very topic tomorrow. Thanks for your insight here, friend! I'm praying that somehow, some way, they will know how truly wonderful and beautifully made they are, ONE in 7 billion, fantastic and priceless, regardless of whoever is EVER around. God remains, and they ALL ROCK! xoxox

    ReplyDelete